The Phitrust Endowment Fund finances and supports social entrepreneurs who develop a project with a social purpose while using the management methods of the classical economy. It was created to identify, validate, finance and support "non-profit" projects run by social entrepreneurs.
– We live in a changemaker world, everyone must be an effective and confident changemaker. For many generations, society was organized around a few people at the top telling everyone else to repeat their specialized skills faster and faster. Today, all of us have the means to lead and get big things done. This is causing social change to explode in every direction.
Ashoka’s four areas of focus and investment help people to understand and adapt to a world of accelerating change where everyone is called on to be a leader:
– Social Entrepreneurship: Ashoka selects world-class social entrepreneurs who are leading the way to an everyone-a-changemaker world.
– Empathy: To thrive in today’s rapidly changing world, everyone must be a changemaker, and changemaking starts with empathy.
– Lead Young: Ashoka is leading a movement to transform how young people grow up so they have the power to lead, to contribute — to be in charge.
– Team of Teams: Living and working in our changemaker world requires breaking through silos, tearing down walls, and organizing in fluid, open, teams of teams.
Ashoka’s programs in more than 90 countries build networks that help people see and understand this new framework, and take action as changemakers.